I Took One Step

Monday, April 10, 2017
                                                       
Malaika Firth for Vogue Russia, 2015

I took one step
within the greyish haze, 
to find a girl
lost inside. 

Mahogany ziggy curls, 
bounces, 
flowing with the rhythm of her walk 
reveals, the hidden soul trapped. 

Once I noticed her radiant smile
she unveiled the mask that 
shielded her from reality, 
if for only a moment. 
                                                                   
         Abused,             
                                                  
 velvety tears roll down our eyes,                                  
washing away the impurities that 
chained me to my battered spirit,
and I,  
resurrected from the empty space, 
that made me ashamed for the acts
he committed.



               I TOOK ONE STEP COPYRIGHT 2017 MALIKA ADIKI
Powered by Blogger.